I’m pleased to introduce my contribution to the Fourth of July desserts with this Red, White and Blue No Bake White Chocolate Cheesecake. Doesn’t it just look fabulous? I have to admit I’m proud of how it turned out.
If you meet me, you’ll know that I love a good sweet and a good challenge. So when Dixie Crystals announced that they were hosting the Sweet and Southern Desserts Recipe contest for the Blog Life University Conference I’m attending, I had to enter. How else do you become an award-winning blog if you don’t enter contests? Not to mention, I love a good recipe challenge! Have you checked out my other ones?
This whole recipe started from the fact that I wanted to showcase my homemade marshmallows. You know how everyone has that one “showstopper recipe”, well for me it’s the marshmallows and I wanted to do a s’more but it is hot in GA. I thought about something strawberry based since that’s one of my favorite seasonal ingredients but didn’t really have anything that I thought would be a true winner.
The Red, White and Blue No Bake White Chocolate Cheesecake was born. This cheesecake is totally based upon my personal summer favorites and uses the s’more as inspiration with the chocolate, graham cracker crust and marshmallow on the top. I was even going to name it a “Summer Smore Pie” but my husband said that it didn’t make sense because it wasn’t a true s’more.
Things I love about this recipe:
It’s easy. Summer does not inspire me to crank up my oven and bake. This recipe is so simple that I can make it in less than 30 minutes from start to finish. Not to mention, the no heat allows me to have my little chefs help out in the kitchen with me.
It’s adaptable for different flavors. This could just as easily be turned into a chocolate cheesecake or lemon cheesecake. My oldest son has a strawberry allergy so I’m not adding strawberries to his. If you have someone who isn’t a fan of berries, you could just as easy top this with a lemon drizzle or nectarine compote.
It tastes like a real cheesecake, not a no-bake. The powdered sugar gives it a more solid consistency that most no-bakes. It also balances out the flavor of whipped topping and the cream cheese so the cheesecake isn’t super sweet. Finally, the texture when using the powdered sugar is so smooth with only minimal folding. There’s no chance of grainy texture from using regular sugar crystals.
I’ve raved enough about the recipe. Please give it a try and tell me what you think about it! I hope it’s a hit from your kitchen too.
- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 8 ounces white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup Dixie Crystals Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 8 ounces whipped topping
- 12 mini graham cracker pie crusts
- Place cream cheese into a mixing bowl and set aside.
- Place white chocolate chips in microwave safe bowl. Microwave white chocolate chips on 100% power for 2-3 minutes or until melted, checking every 30 seconds.
- Beat cream cheese for 30 seconds. Add melted chocolate chips and powdered sugar. Mix until smooth.
- Fold whipped topping into the cream cheese mixture until fully combined.
- Spoon mixture into mini pie crusts.
- Slice strawberries.
- Place strawberries and blueberries place into patterns on cheesecakes.
- Refrigerate for at least one hour before serving.